Focus: From City Halls to Cancún Corridors
Will cities and local communities take the lead when it comes to mitigation action against climate change? This was the definite lesson of a summit held in Xinbei City (formerly Taipei County) on November 8-9 2010.
Inete Ielite chaired Session 3: Other arenas of governance at the conference City Halls to Cancun Corridors: Navigating climate change from local to global. This session looked at the development of alternative and possible competitive forums of governance in the battle against climate change and environmental protection.
José Maria Prazeres Pós-de-Mina is the Mayor of Moura, Portugal, who oversaw the building of what was the biggest solar power plant in the world, in a town of just 16,500 people. This led to Moura being a net exporter of sustainable energy.
Project: Green Growth and Windmills
Wind energy is...
Page 1 of 3
This month's Renlai
Help us keep the content of eRenlai free: take five minutes to make a donation
- A Centre for the Middle Country
- No Nukes = No Future?
- Remembering the 309 Anti-nuclear Protest
- Alternative Protest in Japan: Two Years After Fukushima
- History of the Taiwanese Anti-nuclear Movement
- Recapturing Memories: Social Protests as a Way for Taiwanese Youth to Reconnect with the Past
- The Demonstrative Power of the Carnival: Fun as a Form of Protest
- Art and Social Activism: Mutually Beneficial?
- The Taiwanese Experience: Adjusting to life on the other side of the world
- The extraordinary challenge of living an ordinary life
eRenlai provides a monthly newsletter that introduces you to the Focus and other articles.