Religions at the crossroads
Our world is being shaped by inter-religious interaction, both cooperation and conflict. Here is a selection of articles and testimonies that challenges the encounters of believers from various faiths, with special focus on Asia.
Since the Europeans never had anything like it, but refused to hold the candle to China; instead they omitted the shengren and talked about some lesser versions of Greek "philosophers" or Christian "holy men".
The English soon found a slightly better translation; they called...
To recap, the term 'new religious movement' was originally coined as a less loaded alternative to 'cult'. It represents an attempt to classify...
Sometime around Chinese New Year 2004, I was offered an invitation to a concert. The venue was the auditorium of the World Trade Center and instead of featuring a specific artist; it enlisted the performances of different religious organizations. These two facts triggered my attention: In one go, I would be...
This video is an excerpt from Professor Lagerwey's...
Page 1 of 4
This month's Renlai
Help us keep the content of eRenlai free: take five minutes to make a donation
- Obesity and Freedom
- Focus Response: Father Jacques Duraud, SJ on 'My God?'
- Dancing through the lens: Photographing the Pacific Festival of Arts
- Religious Colonialism: Cultural Loss in the Solomon Islands
- Shell Money, Dowries and the Skulls of Ancestors: The Living Traditions of the Solomon Islands
- The Langalanga People: "Natives" of the Man-made islands of the Solomons
- A Vibrant Culture with an Ugly Facade: Honiara and the Pacific Art Festival
- Swept away from Sinology by the Allure of Taiwan's Pacific coast
- A Fight between David and Goliath
- Amateurs in Tokyo - Reasonable Riots
eRenlai provides a monthly newsletter that introduces you to the Focus and other articles.