In December this year, the South Pacific archipelago of Tokelau will be the first nation to be entirely powered by renewable energy: with the help of New Zealand, they are currently completing the installation of more than 4000 solar panels on the three atolls that constitute Tokelau territory. Last July, we had the chance to interview Tino Vitale, the representative of the Tokelau Delegation at the Festival of Pacific Arts held in the Solomon Islands: he told us about their project and a special song they perform to carry their plea.
(Photo by B.V.)
More info about the documentary:
About the conference:
|Written by : Cerise Phiv
Send a message to Cerise Phiv
Other articles by this author
- Yi Studies on the Move (01 November 2013)
- A Message from the Sun (16 September 2013)
- A Video Diary from the Pacific Workshop (27 August 2013)
- The Faces of Radio Taiwan International (06 August 2013)
- A Centre for the Middle Country (18 June 2013)
- A Hand-Drawn Map of Taipei (23 January 2013)
- Taiwan's Pacific: Educational Links and Sustainable Fisheries (08 January 2013)
- From Tafalong to Honiara (21 December 2012)
- Writings that Weave Waves: East Formosans and the Pacific (19 October 2012)
- When in Rome... (22 August 2012)
- A Taste of the Wild (04 August 2012)
- Animals in the Eye of a Scientist (10 May 2012)
- Interpreting China for the West - Jean François Billeter (15 March 2012)
- Farewell Dance with the Kwakwa-ka-wakw (21 November 2011)
- Giving Urban Aboriginals a Chance (21 November 2011)
- Between the Horror and the Sublime (21 November 2011)
- First Stop on the Spirit-Catching Train (16 November 2011)
- Ka Dao Yin: The Flowing Improvisation (08 July 2011)
- Artaud in acts (22 June 2011)
- World cities meet before Cancún Climate Conference (11 November 2010)
This month's Renlai
Help us keep the content of eRenlai free: take five minutes to make a donation
- The Sustainability of Sustainability...
- Dispelling Cultural Imperialism: Taiwan's Gaze towards the Pacific
- The Land-Locked Island: Taiwan's Lack of Pacific Perspective
- What is still sacred?
- Playing the drums of life
- The role of the Inbetweeners
- From Atolan to New Guinea
- Going on a Pacific island 'holyday'
- TIDF 2010
- Free Memory!
eRenlai provides a monthly newsletter that introduces you to the Focus and other articles.
- Scotland and Catalonia at the Crossroad of Independence
- Will my Friends come out Today?
- The Mountain and the City
- Journey to the Karaoke Temples
- Tiger Mountain and the Miculture Foundation: Transforming Spaces
- Toad Mountain Edge Effects
- In Search of Utopia
- The Toad Mountain Community Arts Festival
- Liminal Realms at the Mountains and the Margins of Taipei
- Grateful Reminiscences